Government of India - Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers
(Department of Fertilizers)
New Delhi, the 28th April, 1995
S.O. 383 (E). In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 3 of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 (10 of 1955), the Central Government hereby makes the following order further to amend the Fertilizer (Movement Control) Order 1973, namely :-
- (1) This order may be called the Fertilizer (Movement Control) Amendment Order, 1995.
(2) It shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
- In the Fertilizer (Movement Control) Order, 1973, in clause2, in the sub-clause (b), after the words "shall not include", the words "the Ammonium Sulphate 'Ammonium Chloride' Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (25% N) Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (26% N)'" shall be inserted.
(K. K. JASWAL)
JOINT SECRETARY TO
THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA - MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE
(DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE)
THE FERTILIZER (MOVEMENT CONTROL) ORDER 1973
New Delhi, the 25th April, 1973
SRO 249(E). Whereas the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary and expedient so to do for securing the equitable distribution of fertilizers in the States of India; now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 3 of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 (10 of 1955), the Central Government hereby makes the following order namely :-
Short title and commencement
- (1) This order be called the Fertilizer (Movement Control) Order, 1973.
- (2) It shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
- (a) In this Order unless the context otherwise requires 'export' means to take or cause to be taken out of any place within a State to any place outside that State.
- (b) *'Fertilizer' shall have the same meaning as in sub-clause (h) of clause 2 of the Fertilizer (Control) Order, 1985 but shall not include 'Ammonium Sulphate', 'Ammonium Chloride', 'Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (25% N), 'Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (26% N) 'Bone meal Raw', 'Bone meal Steamed', 'Rock Phosphate', 'Potassium Sulphate', 'Zinc Sulphate', Manganese Sulphate', 'Borax (Sodium Tetra borate) (Na2B4O7.10H2O)', Solubor (Na2B4O7, 5H2O+Na2B10 O16 10H2O)', 'Copper Sulphate (CuSO4.5H2O), 'Ferrous Sulphate (FeSO4.7H20)' Ammonium Molybdate (NH4)6 MO7 O24.4H2O), 'Chelated Zinc as Zn-EDTA,' Chelated Iron as Fe-EDTA AND 'Zinc Sulphate,' Monohydrate (ZnSO4.H2O) appearing at serial numbers 1(a) 1, 1(a) 4 to 1 (a) 6, 1(b) 4 to 1(b) 6, 1 (c) 2 and 1(f) 1 to 1(f) 10 respectively, of Schedule-1 (Part-A) to that order.
- (c) 'State includes a Union Territory and 'State Government' in relation to a Union Territory means the Administrator thereof.
Prohibition of export of fertilizers
No person shall export or attempt to export, or abet the export of, any fertilizer from any state; Provided that nothing in this clause shall apply to the export of fertilizers under and in accordance with an authority issued by the Government of India in the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development or the Director of Agriculture of a State Government or any other officer authorized by the said State Government in this behalf.
Provided further that the export of physical and granulated mixtures of fertilizers from one State to another shall be subject to an authorization, allowing entry of the material in the state to which it is being exported, by the Director of Agriculture or such other officer authorized by the said State Government in this behalf.
Powers of entry, seizure etc.
- (1) Any inspector of fertilizers appointed under clause 27 of the Fertilizer (Control) Order, 1985, or any Police Officer not below the rank of a head constable may, with a view to securing compliance with this Order or to satisfy himself that this Order has been complied with.
- (a) Stop and search, any person, boat, motor or any other vehicle or any receptacle used or intended to be used for the export of fertilizers.
- (b) Enter and search any place;
- (c) Seize any fertilizer in respect of which he has reason to believe that any provision of this Order has been, is being or is about to be contravened along with the packages, coverings or receptacles in which such fertilizer is found or animals, vehicles, vessels, boats or conveyance used in carrying such fertilizer and thereafter take measures necessary for securing the production of the packages, coverings, receptacles, animals, vehicles, vessels, boats or conveyances so seized in a court and for their safe custody pending such production.
- (2) The provisions of Section 102 and 103 of the Code of Criminal Procedures, 1898 (5 of 1898) relating to search and seizure shall, so far as may be, apply to searches and seizures under this clause.